This recipe for peppermint hot chocolate, served two ways, is the perfect surprise ending to a family meal! Top with your favourite garnishes such as whipped cream, extra large marshmallows, chocolate shavings or even sprinkles!
Recipe - Serves 2
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup milk + 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan, add the cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, sugar, sea salt and 3 tbsp milk.
- Whisk over medium-low heat until the cocoa powder, and sugar dissolves.
- Add your remaining 1 cup of milk and 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add your vanilla and peppermint extract to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Serve in your favourite mug and garnish with all the fixings such as extra large marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, or chocolate shavings.
Share your peppermint hot chocolate with the ones you love and enjoy!